Michael Burns is a Partner on the Insurance Team within the Corporate and Commercial Practice Group. He specializes in all aspects of insurance with an emphasis on corporate finance, alternative risk financing (including captive insurance company formation), segregated accounts companies, private offerings of debt and equity securities, public offerings of debt and equity securities, public offerings of debt and equity securities, life and annuity companies, and rent-a-captives.
Michael is also the Group Team Leader and Local Team Leader of the Segregated Accounts Team and is responsible for all aspects of the development, promotion and delivery of segregated accounts products.
Michael joined the groups as an Associate in June 1992. He became a Partner in April 1998.
- B.A., Mount Alison University, Canada
- MA of Business Administration, Dalhousie University, Canada
- MA of Law, University of Cambridge, England
- Canadian Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Bermuda Bar Association
- Fellow of the Institute of Canadian Bankers, 1982