Ruth E. Cardiello, Janis H. Fugel, Michael Maglaras
Healthcare Reform: The Impact on Captives and Captive Owners
2 CPE credits are available for the completion of this "hot topic" teleconference.
Registration Deadline: June 27, 2011
Date: June 29, 2011
Time: 2:00 - 3:40 p.m. EDT
Access details will be provided to registrants
With the advent of Healthcare Reform and the anticipated roll-out between now and 2014 (despite expected legislative and legal challenges), we will see a significant growth in the use of captives and in captive assets, as tax-exempt healthcare providers gear up for the acquisition of independent community physicians throughout the country.
Offshore, as well as onshore, domiciled hospital-owned captives will be assuming a significant increase in liability business through the acquisition of independent practices as part of the implementation of full-fledged healthcare reform.
Single-parent captives owned by hospitals and hospital systems will grow exponentially over the next four years. They will require more services and place new demands on captive service providers, reinsurers, auditors, and captive managers.
Also with this growth will come:
- A real need to manage increased risk exposure and claim potential;
- Healthcare captives writing liability insurance lines will be the new growth industry for the next four to five years;
- New captive opportunities for captive owners and service providers;
- Challenges as well as rewards from this significant growth.
This session will be of deep interest to captive owners and to everyone interested in the underwriting of professional liability insurance through captive insurance companies.
- Ruth E. Cardiello
VP of Enterprise Risk Management & Corporate Compliance Officer
- Janis H. Fugel
Director of Financial Risk Management
- Michael Maglaras
Michael Maglaras & Company
$135 per attendee
$100 per ACI designation graduate
$100 per attendee from companies with employees enrolled in ICCIE
$90 per current ACI Alumni Association member
Designation students- this offering fulfills a teleconference requirement
- To register, click here or phone 1-866-60-ICCIE
- Payment may be made via check, Visa, Mastercard, or American Express by June 27, 2011.
- Registrants will receive a receipt of payment and confirmation of their registration from the ICCIE office. Participants will be e-mailed PDF materials by June 29, 2011 to accompany the teleconference.
TELECONFERENCE and CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT:
To successfully complete the teleconference, please attend the event in its entirety.
- This program qualifies for 2 continuing education credits through NASBA and for ACI designation graduates
- You must provide your name upon entering the call
If your schedule changes and you will not be able to attend the event please contact Cathie Pelchat, [email protected] by 6/22/2011 to cancel. Please note, a teleconference attendee who cancels a teleconference registration within seven days of the teleconference will not be granted a refund.
For further details please contact at ICCIE at 802-651-9050