Understanding the Intricacies of Cell Captives
6 CPE credits are available for the successful completion of this course
Segregated cell companies constitute one of the fastest growing segments of the captive industry. Known by various names depending on the domicile, Protected Cell Companies, Segregated Portfolio Companies, Separate Account Companies, Sponsored Captives, Leased Capital Captives, etc., these entities have a common, but unique set of attributes and operational characteristics the contours of which are just beginning to emerge. This course will provide an overview in 3 sessions of key cell captive issues and opportunities:
- Outline of cell captive purposes and alternative structures.
- Operational, governance, accounting and insolvency aspects of cell captives.
- Legal, tax and regulatory implications of using a cell captive format.
- Comparison of cell domiciles and legal frameworks
- ICC - incorporated cells now offer more favorable options in many domiciles.
Next Course begins in Spring 2015
Online Course (broadband Internet connection recommended)
Instructors: Dan Kasaila, Andy McComb, Kieran Mehigan, Arthur Perschetz & Jeff Simpson
In addition to self-paced reading and assignment work, students will be required to attend four webconference sessions and complete two weeks of follow up assignments.
Webconference one, 2:30-3:45 p.m. EDT
Webconference two, 2:30-3:45 p.m. EDT
Webconference three, 2:30-3:45 p.m. EDT
Webconference four/Office Hour , 2:30-3:45 p.m. EDT
For further details please contact at ICCIE at 802-651-9050.
To see when this course will be taught again go to the course schedule page.