ACI DESIGNATION CONTINUING EDUCATION
Students who have received the Associates in Captive Insurance (ACI) are asked to maintain their designation by completing continuing education requirements.
Students must complete a minimum of 12 credits every three years after receiving the ACI Designation.
ACI Designation Continuing Education Credits may be received through the following:
1. Attending “hot topic” teleconferences through ICCIE or "educational seminars" through VCIA. It is expected that the two organizations will be offering a total of six such teleconferences/webinars per year.
2. Completing any electives (including their respective post-course exams) offered along with the ACI Designation program (that you have not already taken as a part of your designation). These are courses offered through ICCIE, The Institutes (formerly known as AICPCU), the Insurance Education Association (IEA) and American Society for Health Care Risk Management (ASHRM). These electives are all offered as instructor-led on-line classes or as independent study courses.
The following are the elective courses with links to topics covered in each one:
- ICCIE Electives:
- Accounting for Captives: Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Accounting for Captives: Interpretation and Management Perspectives
- Captive Board Governance
- Emplyee Benefits and Captives
- Healthcare Captives Overview
- Investments and Captives
- Risk Retention Groups
- Understanding the Intricacies of Cell Captives
- AICPCU / IEA Electives:
- CPCU 551 - Commercial Property, Risk Management and Insurance
- CPCU 552 - Commercial Liability, Risk Management and Insurance
- AU 65 - Commercial Underwriting: Principles and Property
- AU 66 - Commercial Underwriting: Liability and Advanced Techniques
- ARM 54 - Essentials of Risk Management
- ARM 55: Risk Control
- ARM 56 - Risk Financing
- AIAF 111 - Statutory Accounting for Property and Liability Insurers
3. Documented attendance at approved modules at captive conferences, limit 4 of 12 credits, per renewal period. To receive ICCIE CE credit, please obtain a certificate of completion, for your participation from the conference and forward it to the ICCIE office.